4 Zone Home Audio Kit - With airQast by OnQ
This lyriQ Audio Kit lets homeowners enjoy four music sources throughout their home, or play music, Internet radio stations, and streaming music services directly from a smartphone or tablet. Just open the free app and press play. lyriQ’s Cat 5 backbone allows whole house commands and it easily integrates with the Broadcast or Selective Call Intercom Systems.
lyriQ airQast provides unique mobile control capabilities on the OnQ Multi-Room Audio Systems. The device plugs directly into the lyriQ Distribution Module, giving you control over all your favorite digital music right from your smartphone or tablet.
Download the free app on an Apple or Android device, choose a song, album or artist, and press play.
- Supports up to four physical sources (AV receiver, stereo, cable box, computer, video game system) in four rooms, as well as mobile control via airQast input
- Stream songs stored on your computer or Android and Apple devices directly to your lyriQ home audio system over a Wi-Fi network
- Two users can share music stored on their device or the home network to build collaborative playlists, add songs, skip tracks, and control volume, with each user seeing what the other is doing
- Integrates with both Studio and Classic lyriQ systems
- Intuitive free app puts lets you access all your digital music with the flick of a finger
- Enjoy streaming music services from Pandora, YouTube, SiriusXM and Last.FM
- Free feature and services updates download automatically through airQast server
Easy, this installation requires little technical know how with easy to follow instructions.
20 Min Per Zone (Pre-wire)
10 Min Per Zone (Finish out)
What You'll Need:
Basic Installation Steps
Step 1: Locate and Install Brackets (Prior to Drywall)
- Determine the location you wish to serve as your structured wiring location and install the optional wiring enclosure.
- Determine the location you wish to mount each keypad and install a single gang electrical box at each location.
- Determine the location you wish to mount each input module.
Step 2: Pre-Wire the House
- Run a cat5e wire from your structured wiring location to each keypad location. (Label Each Wire)
- Optional: Run a Cat5 cable from your keypad to any F7417 local source input modules (not sold in kit). (Label Each Wire)
- Run 3 cat5e wires from you structured wiring location to each audio input module location.
Step 3: "Finish out" Structured Wiring Location
- Install your AU1002 onto the structured wiring enclosure
- Terminate each Cat5 cable with an RJ45 connector and plug into its associated zone port.
- Keep system power disconnected
Step 4: "Finish out" Keypads & Input Module
- Terminate each keypad location with an RJ45 Cat5 connection and plug into the keypad.
- Punch down optional local source input Cat5 cable
- Install keypads to electrical boxes
- Install face plate covers
Step 5: "Finish out" Source Input Modules
- Punch down your Cat5 connections to each input module.
- Install modules to electrical boxes
- Install face plate covers
- Connect your source using digital interconnect cable or RCA analog cable
Step 6: Power and Test System
- Connect the power supply to the distribution module and input modules
- Download the Remote App and Setup Software
- Configure your PC, Phones and Tablets to the airQast module.
- Test the system
How To Articles:
Expand to 5-8 Zones
Expand to 9-16 Zones
- Add 1 AU1022 Expansion Module
- Add 1 AU1002 Module
- Add 1 additional power supply for every 4 zones added
- Add 1 keypad per extra zone
- Add 1 pair of in-ceiling speakers per extra zone
Add speaker wire for each additional zone added.