Definitive Di 6.5STR - Disappearing Series, Stereo In-Ceiling Speaker (Each)
- Stereo loudspeaker with dual voice coil bass/midrange driver and dual tweeters is the perefect solution for hallways, kitchens, baths and commercial installations
- Flangeless design & micro-perf grille minimizes visibility
- Simple to install — no spackle work required
- 8-5/16" (21.04 cm) total diameter is about the same as competing 5-1/4" models
- Latest generation BDSS drivers for audiophile-grade sound quality
- Pivoting Pure Aluminum dome tweeters
- Axially Aligned design ensures broad, balanced coverage area
- GaussGrip™ magnetic grille fasteners
- Adjustable high-definition crossover
- Optional fire-rated enclosures
- Cast PolyStone™ baskets for rigidity without “ringing”
Definitive's Disappearing In-Wall Speakers Just May be the "Holy Grail" of Built-in Speakers
You want great sound everywhere in your home, but you may not always have room for or want the visual intrusion of free-standing speakers. Built-in flushmount speakers seem to be the answer but in practice they don't exactly disappear in the room, in fact many "in-wall" speakers call attention to themselves and create friction between your decorator and your audiophile sensibilities. Worse yet, most built-in speakers fall short on the performance end as well. Would Definitive allow you to suffer with bad sound? Oh no, no, no!
The DI 6.5STR is a "stereo" speaker, both left and right channels are fed into a single speaker. Dual angled tweeters disperse the sound in broad area to approximate the spaciousness of two speakers. The STR is the perfect solution in spaces where you want sound but where using two speakers is not practical or economical-such as hallways, kitchens, bathrooms and offices.
Definitive’s Disappearing™ In-Wall series speakers feature near-invisibility thanks to their small diameters, hidden flange design, and low profile micro-perf grilles. They are as easy to install as traditional flanged flush-mount speakers, and don’t require custom sheetrock/spackle skills to install yet they are practically invisible. The DI 6.5STR grille is a mere 8-5/16" (21.04 cm)in diameter, about the same visible size as competitive 5-1/4" in-ceiling speaker. With Definitive's DI Series you get more sound per square inch of visible speaker.
Definitive's Advanced Technologies Mean Better Sound for You
The Disappearing In-Wall models feature Definitive’s most advanced technologies such as Balanced Dual Surround System (BDSS) mid/woofer drivers and pivoting Pure Aluminum dome tweeters for spectacular audio performance far beyond traditional flush-mount speakers.
Definitive’s exclusive Balanced Dual Surround System (BDSS) driver technology permits these new flush mount speakers to deliver more bass output and dynamic range than larger drivers. For example, the DI 6.5R's 6-1/2" driver has the output, bass and dynamics of a 8" traditional speaker.
With a pivoting 1" Pure Aluminum dome tweeter featuring a specially shaped housing that avoids the diffraction distortions of traditional post-mounted tweeters, and a sophisticated adjustable crossover network, the Disappearing In-Wall models deliver the kind of lifelike sonic performance and broad even dispersion that have made Definitive Technology the most highly reviewed speaker brand in the USA.
Great Sound for Everyone in the Room
With in-ceiling speakers, listeners are almost always "off-axis." You rarely sit right under an in-ceiling speaker; usually the speaker is at a 30, 45 or even 60-degree angle to the listener. We've engineered DI Series speakers to disperse sound over a very wide area so that the sound is well-balance and natural regardless of where you are relative to the speakers. BDSS technology drivers, aimable tweeters as well as the specially countoured and textured AeroRing™ around the driver all contribute to the wide angle dispersion and superior coverage capability of the DI Series models.
- Outer flange (grille) diameter | Metric :8-5/16" | 21.04 cm
- Cut out diameter | Metric :7-1/4" | 18.4 cm
- Depth from flange | Metric :3-5/8" | 9.07 cm
- Driver complement :Two 3/4-inch (20mm) pivoting Aluminum dome tweeters axially aligned with a 6-1/2" (16.5 cm) dual voice coil (stereo) BDSS bass/midrange driver
- Frequency response :26Hz - 30kHz
- Impedance :4 - 8 ohms
- Sensitivity :90 dB
- Recommended associated amplifier power :10 - 125 WPC
- Inputs :Two pair (left and right channels) of gold plated heavy-duty spring-loaded terminals
- Available finishes :Paintable white (see manual for painting instructions)
- Packaging :One speaker to a carton
- Warranty :5 years
- Weight | Metric :4.4 lb. | 2.14kg