ABN Broadband Adapter
Is The ABN Right for Me?
- Do you Use VOIP Phone Service, or Cell Phone Only?
- Do you NOT have a Standard Land-Line Phone, or wish to STOP the expensive Service?
- Do you Have a Broadband Internet Connection?
- Do you want your Alarm System Monitored, WITHOUT adding a Land Line Phone, just for monitoring Service?
If you answered YES to the above questions - The ABN, and NextAlarm is for you!
The ABN Broadband Adapter allows NextAlarm.com to monitor the Abbra and most other Contact ID enabled security systems, through your existing broadband Internet connection. The ABN Adapter comes pre-configured to work with NextAlarm.com, and requires minimal setup.
Supplied pre-configured and complete with adapter kit (required) and power supply, ready to connect to your alarm control panel.
- Allows any Contact ID compatible alarm panel to be monitored by NextAlarm.com using a broadband internet connection instead of a telephone line
- Easy installation; highly tolerant of most firewall's
- Fully compatible with all types of broadband connection
- Fully compatible with wired and wireless local area networks
- Exclusive ABN network for NextAlarm.com customers ensures that alarm signals are transmitted quickly and securely
- Powered by AC power supply (backup power source recommended)
- Supplied pre-configured and complete with adapter kit (required) and power supply, ready to connect to your alarm control panel.
What is the ABN?
The ABN (Alarm Broadband Network) broadband adapter is a modified Linksys VoIP ATA that is specifically designed for connection to the NextAlarm.com monitoring station. It is similar to a standard VoIP box, however this adapter features custom software, and special provisioning changes that allow connection over the Alarm Broadband Network with NextAlarm.
Monitoring your ABN Adapter for Connectivity
Even when your alarm system is idle, the Alarm Broadband Network will periodically poll your ABN adapter for connectivity. If we are unable to reach your ABN adapter (due to an Internet outage or other problem at your premise), we will generate an alarm event indicating "Loss of Central Station Polling". As soon as connectivity is restored, we will generate another event indicating "Central Station Polling Restored". Please note that you will not be called, nor the police dispatched, in these events. You can, however, have yourself paged or notified via E-Mail using the E-Notify feature.