Complete M&S DMC1 Home Intercom System Kit (Almond)
Complete home communication & music over Cat-5 cable.
The system supports up to 15 room stations and up to three door speakers. The built-in AM/FM radio tuner allows setting eight AM station presets and eight FM station presets. The backlit liquid crystal display shows the operation mode, audio source, radio frequency, volume setting, and time.
Room stations have pushbuttons that control the system operation. Retrofit room and patio stations connect to the master unit using the installation’s existing wiring. All room station models allow you to talk or listen to other room stations, door speakers, and the master unit. Each has an intercom volume control.
This system is also available with the DMC1 combined with a 6-Disc CD Changer
Room & Patio Stations
Room and patio stations connect to the master unit using standard Cat-5 cable. All room station models can select talk or listen to other room stations, door speakers and the master unit. Each has an intercom volume control. Pressing the privacy button on a room station prevents that room from being monitored. The Model dmc1RS room stations and dmc1RW patio stations can select the audio source, control the radio tuner, and set the master music volume.
This system will allow you to monitor a room from all other rooms in the house. This feature works great for monitoring small children.
You can add up to 3 doorbell speakers. When used with the chime module, you will hear a chime through each room station alerting you someone is at the door. Press "Door Talk" at any room station to speak to your front door. It is then hands free for the people to speak back.
Controls up to 15 Room Stations or Patio Stations and 3 Doorbell Speakers. This 30W (RMS) home entertainment system is great for distributing music, and communication throughout your entire home, and patio.
DMC1 Master Station
- Supports up to 15 room stations
- Supports up to three door speakers
- Cat-5 wiring to room and patio stations
- For new installations or 6-wire intercom system retrofit installations
- 30 watts (RMS) maximum output power
- Two music source inputs
- Eight AM and eight FM radio station tuner presets
- Remote volume and source control from room stations
- Privacy, Intercom-only and door-release features
- Programmable monitor override
- Automatic on/off feature
- Optional 3-note and 8-note door chime
Room / Patio Stations
- System supports up to 15
- Volume control sets sound level
- Privacy button to prevent monitoring from other room stations or master unit
- Communicates with door speakers, other room stations, and master unit
- Power, volume, and scan control of the master unit’s built-in AM/FM radio receiver
- Scans auxiliary, CD, AM, and FM sources
- Can activate door release mechanism or a security system’s panic alarm
- White, nickel, bright brass, or antique brass-finished faceplate
- Lighted doorbell button
- 2-Way voice communications
- Mounts in Model ME3 Door Station Rough-in Enclosure
Dimensions and Warranty
- Master Unit (WxH): 15-1/4” x 5-5/16”
- Room Stations (WxH): 5-1/2” x 5-1/2”
- 2 Year Warranty
Moderate: Requires some experience with electrical wiring.
15 Min Per Room Station
45 Min for Master Station
What You'll Need:
- Cat5 Cable
- #2 Phillips Screwdriver
- Wire Stripper
- Cat5 Crimp Tool
- Tape Measure
- Small (or precision size) Philips/Flat head screw driver
- Power drill with 1" auger
- Dry Wall Saw (If making cutouts larger)
Basic Installation Steps
Step 1: Install Rough-in Brackets
- Pick location for Master Intercom and Install Rough-in Frame.
- Pick Locations for Indoor Intercom Stations and Install Rough-in Frame.
- Pick Locations for Outdoor Intercom Stations and Install Rough-in Frame.
Step 2: Pre-Wire Your Home
- 1. Run a Cat5 wire From your Master Intercom location to EACH room station.
- 2. Run a Cat5 wire From your Master Intercom location to EACH patio station.
- 3. Run a Doorbell wire from the Master Intercom location to Each Doorbell.
Step 3: Finish Out
- Install your Master Intercom / Optional CD Player
- Connect each intercom wire to color coded terminal on Master Intercom.
- Install Chime module and wire each doorbell station to the Master Intercom.
- Install Each Room & Patio Station connecting each wire to the color-coded screw-terminals.
Step 4: Power and Test System
* These installation steps are written by our technicians and are designed to give customers a basic knowledge of the install process. We are not responsible for any installation problems that may result from any grammatical or informational errors. When installing always refer to the manufacturers' installation manual.
Expand to up to 15 Rooms
Add intercom to patio
Add doorbell (Up to 3)